5 - Based on 3 Reviews
|Best Season||March, April, and May|
|Trip Duration||08 Days, 07 Night|
|Accomodation||Hotel in City & Resort in Safari|
|Max. Elevation||415 m (1,362 ft)|
|Activity Per Day:||Approximately 6-8 hrs sightseeing|
|Attractions:||Royal Bengal Tiger, Wild Animals, Jeep Safari, Jungle Walk|
- 6 Nights 7 Days Bardia wildlife safari
- Tiger tracking in the deepest parts of the Bardia National Parks
- Encounter with Bengal tiger, one-horned rhino and Asiatic elephants, and other wild animals
- Beautiful sunset view from the bank of Karnali River
- Different species of flora and fauna in Bardia National National
- A glance into the Indigenous Tharu community’s lifestyle & culture
- The mugger crocodile & Golder Masheer sight in Babai River
Royal Bengal Tiger Tour in Nepal is the tiger tracking tour in the wilderness of the most pristine and protected area of Nepal, Bardia National Park. Tiger Tracking in Bardia became popular after the visit by a famous movie Titanic actor Leonardo DiCaprio. He encountered a female tiger with her four cubs. In fact, it is the national park of Nepal with frequent observation of the tigers wandering freely in the wild. Also, the park is best known for its rich biodiversity and varied wildlife, including the Royal Bengal Tiger. If you are fortunate enough to witness a tiger for the first time, it is a unique sensation unlike any other. Surely, it will undoubtedly be an experience you will never forget in your lifetime.
Bardia is the perfect place to visit if you are dreaming of seeing a Royal Bengal Tiger in its natural habitat. The park is the largest and most undisturbed territory in the southwest Terai plain of Nepal. Covering 968 square kilometers, the park provides an undisturbed area of surroundings for a large number of rare species. With almost 70% of a balanced mixture of grassland, savannah, and riverine forest Bardiya National Park reside 642 species of animals, 407 species of resident and migratory birds, 125 species of fish, and 839 varieties of plants.
Royal Bengal Tiger Tour in Nepal is a private safari tour. You will be provided with a private professional nature guide and a private jeep to track the tigers. This tour offers a higher chance of seeing the Bengal tiger and other wild animal. As it allows for more flexible and tailored itineraries and wildlife viewing drives.Continue Reading
With a private guide and vehicle, travelers can spend more time in areas with a higher probability of tiger sightings. So there will be perfect guidance in the park and you may stop wherever you want to stop by in the jungle. Also, our expert naturalist will mainly concentrate on the tiger trails to spot the tigers. By closely tracking their behavior, smelling their scents, searching for scats, and seeking scratch marks on trees. And screening for fresh paw prints along the pathways. Moreover, until we see a tiger, our experienced guides will drive and take you to locations multiple times where tigers frequently are spotted.
On this tracking tour, you will have an excellent opportunity to explore the rich wildlife and natural beauty of Nepal. Bardia National Park offers a diverse range of flora and fauna. While tracking the tiger trails, you will have several opportunities to spot other jungle animals. Like Greater One-horned Rhino, Wild Elephant, Leopards, Swamp Deer, Black Buck, etc. And other endangered species like Gharial crocodiles, Marsh muggers, and Gangetic Dolphins. Bardia is a birdwatcher’s heaven as well. Because it is home to hundreds of different species of birds, many of which stop by on their migratory routes.
The best time to see tigers in Bardia National Park is throughout the warm months of March, April, and May. During the early winter months of September to November, however, there is a decent possibility of seeing them.Read Less
Trip Itineraries are customizable according to your choice & the number of days you want to stay. Simply, Contact Us
As soon as your plane lands in Kathmandu, our company representative will pick you up and take you by a private vehicle to the hotel in Thamel, a popular tourist destination, or to the hotel you had already reserved online. All of our visitors have access to this service so that they won’t have to worry about getting lost and having navigating problems while visiting a new foreign nation.
After check-in at the hotel, get refreshed and in the evening you will be provided a briefing about the trip and answer your questions and queries if any.
After breakfast, we take a picturesque flight to Nepalgunj, where a hotel jeep will pick you up at the airport and drive for 3 to 4 hours by private vehicle to Bardia National Park. When we get to Bardia, we will have some refreshments and lunch and the naturalist will brief everyone on the day’s activities. Then, we will visit an indigenous Tharu village to learn about Tharu life and culture. In the evening, we will enjoy the times attending a Tharus cultural program.
Bardia National Park is home to a huge population of Royal Bengal Tigers. Tigers can be found all across the park, and plenty of tiger evidence can be found. Staking out some of the hotspots for tigers, on the other hand, enhances the chances.
We will spend the entire day tracking tigers. On this day, you will ride in an open-top jeep to the famed tiger-tracking location within the park. We mainly focus on tigers by looking for their fresh pawprints along paths, following their odors and scat, and keeping an eye out for their scratch marks on trees.
You will drive towards the “Balcony” from which you will be able to view out over the grasslands from a watchtower. There’s a good chance you’ll see a faraway herd or a single tiger leaving the long grass for a drink in the river.
Tented Camp, Bagora Phanta, and Lamkauli are some excellent tiger and other wild animals habitats.
This day of the adventure will be exciting since you will be walking through three separate tiger regions. The notable tiger tracking areas in Bardia National Park, such as “Hatti Machan,” “Tinkune,” and “Kingfisher,” can be reached on foot.
We will spend a few hours on the riverbank or water resources hiding where tigers frequently visit for drinking water or a swim. Our naturalist will keep an eye out for any signs and will let you know right away. For instance, the sounds of frightened monkeys or birds usually signal the approach of the so-called lord of the forest- The Royal Bengal Tiger before it can be seen.
Our first priority is spotting a tiger. If there was no chance of seeing tigers in previous days, we would continue to visit the major regions of the National Park in order to observe them combining on a jeep ride and jungle walk.
In the case of spotting tigers on previous days, we will carry on to other sightseeing activities such as rafting in the Karnali River and village stroll.
A river float in an inflatable raft is a relaxing way to explore the park while also getting a chance to see wildlife. It provides you with a good chance to discover the riverside scenarios of crocodiles and other aquatic creatures. It is also relaxing to watch the different birds flying above the river and wildlife species when they come to the bank of the river to drink water. Sometimes, you can spot and capture even the Royal Bengal Tiger and The One-horned Rhinoceros at the river’s edge. In the evening you can get an amazing glimpse of the sunset from the river’s bank as well.
A typical drift begins on the Karnali River, right above the Chisapani Bridge, then twists to lift into one of the river’s forks, the Geruwa River, which forms the park’s western boundary. After lunch, you can walk around the sandy riverbed, see the heavy traffic of animal footprints, or venture further into the jungle, including tiger areas. Elephant and rhino crater marks are interspersed with well-imprinted tiger pugmarks and delicate monkey and deer prints. Even if you don’t see anything, the drive is so serene and scenic that it is a reward in and of itself.
After this beautiful journey, you will take a flight from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu.
When you arrive in Kathmandu, we will check you into a charming hotel near Thamel. The rest of the day can be spent independently wandering these touristy areas’ winding lanes in search of refreshments and souvenirs. We will take you out for a goodbye meal later that night and listen to your memories of the wildlife excursion.
You will leave Nepal today with priceless memories and experiences. For a final farewell, our representative will meet you at your hotel and drop you off at the airport in accordance with your flight schedule. To complete airport check-in on time, it is advisable to arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to your flight.
In the near future, Tiger Encounter plans to take you on another thrilling wildlife safari in Nepal. Contact us to arrange the greatest adventures as soon as possible and in the simplest way possible if you wish to visit Nepal again for another tour.
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle
- Two night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB plan in a luxury hotel
- Flight from Kathmandu – Nepaljung – Kathmandu for members & guide
- Nepaljung Airport – to Bardia National park transportation by private vehicle
- Accommodations in Deluxe resort for 5 nights 6-day package
- 01 Cycle of Meals Per Day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) on a-la-carte menu
- Wildlife activities as per the package such as:
- Boat safari in the Karnali River
- Necessary 4wd private Jeep during tiger tracking inside the national park
- Jungle walk
- Village visit
- Bird watching
- Park tickets & naturalist for the above activities
- Professional government license holder English speaking tour guide
- Necessary assistant guides during tiger tracking
- Welcome/ farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with a cultural program in Kathmandu
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. (Guide and driver)
- Government Tax and office service charge
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fees for multiple Entries on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport- (15 days – $30, 30 days- $50 and 90 days- $110)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance covers, medical, emergency evacuation, etc.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, cold drinks, Alcohol, etc.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes, etc.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
SUSAN JOY BROWN United Kingdom
Excellent safari in Chitwan and Bardia. Very professional company and we were looked after really well. Communication was easy and fast response. The guides on the safaris were brilliant and the accommodation was excellent. Within 25 days, we completed the Langtang-Helambu trek, a private tour of Chitwan, and Bardia. Can’t rate them highly enough.
Chithra Sashi Bahrain
First Trip of Nepal
Had the most wonderful and life changing experience with Trekkers paradise. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Mr. Sharma (owner) who had accompanied me as my guide throughout my adventure. They had planned everything so well and truly make you feel like family. Be it every step of the way from paragliding, jungle safari, canoe ride, trek through the jungle, mountain trek Mr. Sharma is truly amazing guide, photographer and wonderful motivator. It goes without saying that your guide is your doorway to experiencing everything about the beautiful country you visit. Be it food, shopping, adventure or pleasure. I truly loved every moment of my time…and hope to return to this beautiful country with TREKKERS PARADISE to many more adventures and celebrating a wonderful friendship. Hop you all have as amazing adventures and journeys with them. 🌟
Alison Michelle Hancock USA
The Absolute Best There Is !!
I’ve been to 28 different countries and countless safaris over the world- let me tell you that this is the standard for every other safari I’ve been on since! The attention to detail, the absolute love and care of the guides, and the tour operator’s genuine wish for you to have the best experience possible made this one of the most amazing tours/safaris I’ve been on. It was just as amazing to meet the locals and meet the Tharu people as it was to see the rhino and to be close up with an elephant!! (And That tiger that kept in front of our raft to cross the river!!) As an experienced traveler, take my word that you will have a genuinely wild and carefree adventure!!!🤩🥳
Will someone come after my arrival to pick me up at the airport?
Yes, Trekkers Paradise representative will be there to greet you outside of Terminal Hall. He will be displaying a Trekkers Paradise name card with your name on it. You will be moved to the pre-select Hotel after that.
Do I need a visa to travel to Nepal?
All foreign nationals, except Indian Citizens, need visas to enter Nepal.
How can I track the tiger in Bardia National Park?
Tracking mostly in tiger trails and territories can give you the highest possibility of seeing a tiger.
What do we do if we cannot see a tiger the whole day?
We generally have more than one day just for tiger tracking. If we don’t see any tiger on the first day then we will move to another tiger territory in next day. Similarly, our days can be increased this way until we finally see a tiger.
What does Royal Bengal Tiger look like?
Tigers are usually orange or reddish-orange with very bold, uneven black stripes and white areas on the chest, neck, belly, and inside of the legs.
Do I need permits?
Yes, all foreign citizens require a permit to enter Bardia national park, trekkers paradise handles all the necessary permits.
Are Trekkers Paradise’s staff insured?
Yes, all the staff of Trekkers Paradise including guides and porters are insured to recover any kinds of casualties.
What are some basic Nepali customs that I should know about?
- Take off your shoes before entering a temple or one’s home
- Ask for permission before entering a Hindu temple
- Taking photographs inside most temples are considered illegal
- Ask for permission before taking photographs of objects, and including Nepali people.
- Nepali people are friendly by nature. Have a genuine interest in them. Talk to them. Be friendly as you travel
What to Bring
- Neutral colored clothing is recommended.
- Light clothing is needed for the daytime with a sweater and warm jacket for the evenings from November to March.
- Pants / Trousers are recommended for safari and jungle walk.
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun hats, sunglasses, etc. are essential.
- Insect repellent and personal medical requirements should be carried.
- It is highly recommended to travel light with only one small suitcase or duffle bag.
- During the warmer months, swimming suits are recommended.
- A Small flashlight is recommended.
- Binoculars add greatly to your enjoyment for bird and wildlife viewing.
Book the dates for your next adventure
All our programs serve as just one example of what is possible. Trekkers’ Paradise, with years of experience in organising tailor-made tours, invites you to contact us to create your personalised dream program.