per person from USD 1100
5 - Based on 1 Reviews
USD 1,100 /pp
|Best Season||Mid February - May & September - Early December|
|Trip Duration||15 Nights, 16 Days|
|Trip Difficulty||Easy to Medium|
|Accomodation||Hotel in City & lodge in trekking|
|Max. Elevation||4,380m (14,370ft)|
|Trekking Duration:||12 Days|
|Activity Per Day:||Approximately 4-6 hrs walking|
|Trip Route:||Syabru Besi- Lama hotel- Langtang village- Gosaikunda- Sundarijal|
|Attractions:||Kyanjin Gompa, Langtang Valley, Langtang Ri, Gosaikunda Lake|
- Gosaikunda, a place with religious value
- Langtang village, home to the Tamang community
- Stunning view of Langtang Lirung (7,246m), Dorje Lhakpa (6,430m), Yala Peak (5,500 m) and the Annapurna range
- Magnificent view of the various lakes
- Climate ranging from tropical to alpine
- The highest elevation of 4,380 m at Gosainkunda
Langtang region with Gosainkunda; a blend of culture, nature, and adventure, is located about 30 km north of Kathmandu towards the southern border. It consists of a wide variety of climatic zones from tropical to alpine and the total variation of altitude from 1,550m to 4,380m.
Far from the city, cutting through the dense forest full of oaks, bamboo beautiful greenery, and rhododendron (during spring), Langtang region trekking begins. It lets you spot the far-fetched Red Panda and encounter the wildlife including Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan tahr, rhesus monkeys, and wild deer.Continue Reading
Giving a taste of the Nepali Kindness, the Tamang community welcomes you to their beautiful typical culture. The Himalayan scenery visible from the region is Langtang Lirung (7,246m), Dorje Lhakpa (6,430m), Yala Peak (5,500 m), and the Annapurna range. The warmth of the Hyolmo people soothes the heart; the breathtaking view of the Himalayas soothes the eyes. Sipping coffee surrounded by the astonishing scenery at 4380 meters, this cultural trek would never disappoint you.Read Less
Trip Itineraries are customizable according to your choice & the number of days you want to stay. Simply, Contact Us
See for yourself if all that you have read and watched on the internet, about the tranquil beauty of Nepal and warm hospitality of Nepalese. After flying through the beautiful view of this trekkers’ paradise, you will meet our company representative at the airport. You must have an impatient heart for a breathtaking adventure. Get ready to experience Nepal up close and personal. But first, we will transfer you to your hotel.
If you have an early arrival, you may stroll around the hippest and happening area in Thamel, where you can find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine. This first night in the country, you will be staying in Kathmandu.
On your second day, you can go sightseeing to some of the famous religious and historical sites of Kathmandu. After exploring this city of temples, you will meet your trekking guide at the hotel. You will be briefed in detail about the trek. The guide will also assist you with any last-minute shopping that you require for the trek.
Have a well-rested night at Kathmandu before heading off to the mountains. (You can dump the stuff you do not want during the trek at the hotel or our office store.)
We start our trekking on this day. Early morning drive from Kathmandu to Syafru Besi will be of 7-8 hours in a private 4WD jeep. This road trip on the mountainous highway takes you through the Bhotekoshi river, Langtang river, and the bamboo forest. You will be getting breathtaking views of Mt. Annapurna II (7,937 m.), Mt. Manaslu (8,163), Ganesh Himal (7,422 m.), and other peaks. Overnight at Syafru Besi.
This trek includes an uphill climb through maple and Rhododendron forest. You will walk beside the Langtang river through the Langtang National park. You might spot Red Panda and Himalayan Black Bear. You will get a view of Langtang Lirung mountain on the way. Overnight at Lama Hotel.
We will start getting glimpses of the snow-capped mountain as we walk. We ascend towards Langtang river through the forest of oak, maple, and rhododendron. We will have a beautiful sight of Mount Lirug (7,245m on the way. Langtang village is the headquarters of Langtang National park.
We will walk towards the Kyan Jin Gompa: (3,870m). We pass through several streams and the Mani Wall (made of stones with prayers written on them). We can feel the thin air as we walk towards the higher altitude. We can see the panoramic views of Langtang Lirung (7,245m), Geniempol, Kyangjin Ri (4,400m), and Tsergo Ri (5,000 m.)
This day is for exploration around Kyang jin Gompa. There will not be long treks but only some short hikes around. We can visit around the monastery and cheese factory where yak cheese is made. This off day is for acclimatization. We can climb Kyanjin Ri at 4,400m and see mountain ridges and glaciers. Overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Now, we will walk back to Lama hotel toa lesser altitude. This relaxing trail goes through the Tamang settlements. After this downhill climb, we will stay overnight in Lama Hotel.
In this trial, we walk down to the river and ascend up. passing through pine and juniper forests, we will also have the view of Langtang Himal on the way. Overnight at Thulo Syabru.
Sing Gompa is another famous place for cheese. We will reach here passing through the pines and rhododendron forest along with the view of Langtang Himal and Langtang valley. Overnight at Sing Gompa.
This steep climb gives a magnificent view of Ganesh Himal (7,422m), Annapurnas (8,091m), Manaslu (8,156m), and Langtang Lirung (7,227m). The trail passes through moist mountain forests and also, dry scrub vegetation. As you pass Lauribina yak, you will leave the view of the Himalayas. You will get views of Saraswoti Kund (4,100 m.), Bhairav Kunda, and Gosaikunda itself. You can also climb the ridge above the lodge for a stunning view of mountains and lakes. Overnight at Gosaikunda.
After early morning breakfast, this day we climb downhill from the Gosainkunda lakes to the Lauribina pass (4,610m/ 15,124 ft), then to Ghopte. Overnight at Ghopte.
Today, our trek descends from Ghopte with the view of early morning magnificent panoramic view of the mountains. We pass through the streams, rhododendron forests, and pine hills. Overnight at Kutumsang.
The trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani is a pleasant walk descending and mostly village, forest & tea garden. Overnight at Chisapani
The trek from Chisapani to Sundarijal is a pleasant walk descending and mostly plain. As we reach Sundarijal, a vehicle will take us back to Kathmandu.
Once you reach Kathmandu you will check-in at a nice hotel around the Thamel area. In the evening you can stroll around for souvenir shopping, drinks, and dinner. Walking around Thamel and nearby areas for shopping and self-exploring the narrow streets of this tourist hub is a good idea to spend your evening in Kathmandu.
We will drop you at the airport according to your flight schedule.
Trekkers Paradise hopes to take you on another exciting trek soon.
- All necessary airport arrival departure as per the itinerary.
- 3 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi for clients and guides in a private 4WD jeep.
- Transportation from Sundarijal – Kathmandu for clients and guides
- 3 meals a day during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as mention in the itinerary
- 12 days best available room during the trekking in lodge & tea house
- Professional government license holder English speaking trekking guide and his salary.
- The required number of porters to carry the luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests)
- Langtang National Park permit fee and special permit
- Trekking permit (TIMS).
- Welcome, /Farewell dinner
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Insurance for Nepali staffs
- All government and local taxes.
- Trekkers Paradise’s appreciation of certificate after the successful trek.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fees for multiple Entries on arrival at Tribhuwan Internationa Airport- (15 days – $25-30, 30 days- $40-50 and 90 days- $100-110)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance covers, medical, emergency evacuation, loss, etc.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters, etc
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes, etc.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Treva Reister United State of America
Greatest Experience in Langtang Region with Trekkers ParadiseIn March of 2021, I completed the Tamang Heritage with Langtang valley 2 weeks trek organized by Trekkers Paradise. The trek was incredible; everything was fantastic, particularly the old traditional houses, people, and their lifestyle. The entire trek from Syafru Besi to Kyanjin Gompa and back was an experience of a lifetime. I fondly remember our guide Biru, who has been a perfect guide and a great friend during the entire trek. Looking forward to seeing you soon for another exciting adventure.
Best physical condition is required to trek in Nepal’s high altitude. Without some pre-trek training or a good level of basic fitness, it can be hard. We suggest running, walking, hiking on the hill, climbing stairs rather than elevators to prepare for the trek. Include swimming, rowing, biking in your daily base training.
Basic further experience and strength required for Trekking
- One should be able to hike for 5-6 hours a day.
- One should be able to carry 6 kg themselves on a backpack for preparation.
- We suggest you run about 3/4 miles in the home for the preparation with some load on your back for one month to make your climbing much easier. Or use a treadmill for everyday running and walking.
- If you have an uphill location/mountain then once a week you should go hiking with a loaded bag pack on your back. If you do not have mountains and high hills then use stairs to go up/down than the elevator.
- Regular swimming, biking, rowing is also a good way to maintain your physical strength.
Will someone come after my arrival to pick me up at the airport?
Yes, Trekkers Paradise representative will be there to greet you outside of Terminal Hall. He will be displaying Trekkers Paradise name card with your name on it. You will be moved to the pre-select Hotel after that.
Do I need a visa to travel to Nepal?
All foreign nationals, except Indian Citizens, need visas to enter Nepal.
What is the cost of the visa application process and Visa? Should we apply for a visa from our home country or will we get it at Nepalese Airport? Which documents are important that I should bring with me?
After landing, you can obtain a visa at Tribhuwan International Airport, furthermore, it will be easier if you are filling up the visa form online (http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa) before taking the flight to Nepal. Entry Visa fees- at present are $ 30 for 15 days, $ 50 for 30 days, and $ 125 for a three-month visa on entry to Nepal.
You should bring the following essential documents on the trip:
- Valid Passport: must be valid for up to 6 months.
- Travel insurance: you need to provide a copy of the insurance paper to Trekkers Paradise before you start the trek.
- Flight Tickets.
- Emergency contact numbers for T/C’s bank, insurance, family contacts.
Where is Langtang?
Langtang is situated in the north of Kathmandu covering 1710 sq. km. it is about 30 km. North from Kathmandu.
Are there porters or yaks carrying the luggage or are we supposed to be carrying it alone?
Our porters, who are honest and experienced, will look after your luggage while on the trek. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like a camera, water bottle, sun cream, money, etc. Normally, we assign one porter to carry the luggage of two trekkers.
Do I need permits?
Yes, all foreign citizens require two permits for this trek. You require Langtang National park permit, and a trekking permit (TIMS), Trekkers Paradise will ensure you get all the permits you need.
What time of the year is the best for this trip?
Except for June to midAuguest, the Langtang Circuit trek is recommended year-round. However, the best time to visit Langtang is from October to December and from March to May.
What are the facilities available in case of emergencies during the trek?
In case you suffer from altitude sickness or any other problems, we will offer you the doctor’s prescribed medicines according to the type of problem facing you. We will descend you and incise of extreme cases, you will get rescued by the helicopter.
Can I add extra days to my Trekking Trip?
Yes, it is absolutely possible to add some more days to the trip. Along your trek, we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation, and food.
Are Trekkers Paradise’s staff insured?
Yes, all the staff of Trekkers Paradise including guides and porters are insured to recover any kinds of casualties.
What are some basic Nepali customs that I should know about?
- Take off your shoes before entering a temple or one’s home
- Ask for permission before entering a Hindu temple
- Taking photographs inside most temples are considered illegal
- Ask for permission before taking photographs of objects, and including Nepali people.
- Nepali people are friendly by nature. Have a genuine interest in them. Talk to them. Be friendly as you travel.
We will meet you at the airport and pick you up:
We organized Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) airport pick up and drop service. Upon your arrival, you are welcomed and greeted at your arrival gate (Holding your name on the company pamphlet- Trekkers Paradise) by our representative member from a company, then transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu. For departure transfer, we will come to pick you up at your hotel in Kathmandu and take you to the airport for your international flight.
Safety precaution for Langtang Circuit Trek:
Aside from geographical protection, Trekkers Paradise has taken safety in following things to make travel as safe as possible making the most out of it without any worry!
- Our guides have received extensive wilderness first-aid training.
- Trek leaders and guides have years of trekking experience who can help you if there is any kind of uneasiness and assure happiness & satisfaction are guaranteed.
- We’ll have High-quality masks & Gloves with sanitizers for everyday use throughout the journey for the Trekkers Paradise team assisting you.
- Encouragement and inspiration can be a regular occurrence.
- Food and accommodation in the mountains would be rechecked for additional hygiene
The meals during the trek:
Our trek takes us to high altitudes near the world’s highest point, which means your body will need enough starch, protein, and nutrition, as food is the body’s fuel for hiking on such massive Himalayan trails. The food on this trek is very convenient, but not as convenient as it is in cities.
There will be Breakfasts, Lunch, Dinners, Tea & coffee will be provided in the trek. The popular menu items are:-
Breakfasts – (Oatmeal, Corn Flakes, French toast with Jam, Butter, Cheese, and Honey Tibetan bread or Chapati Local tsampa porridge, Hashed brown eggs, Varieties of eggs (Omelets) Pancakes Muesli Breads Fruits and Vegetables Hot drinks like varieties of teas and coffees Hot chocolates, etc)
Lunch – (Dhal, Bhat & Tarkari (Dal Bhat power 24 hours) Tibetan Bread Various Soups items Sherpa Stew Steaks Sandwiches Momo (dumplings) Macaroni dishes Tenduk Spaghetti Noodles Thukpa Pasta Vegetable curry Potatoes items Vegetable and salad Pizza (Tomato, Mushroom, Mixed) Snakes (Papad, Prawn) Desserts items (Rice Pudding, Apple pie), etc)
Dinners – ( Dhal, Bhat & Tarkari Tibetan Bread Various Soups items Sherpa Stew Steaks Sandwiches Momo (dumplings) Macaroni dishes Tenduk Spaghetti Noodles Thukpa Pasta Vegetable curry Potatoes items Vegetable and salad Pizza (, Tomato, Mushroom, Mixed) Snacks (Papad, Prawn) Pokada, finger chips, etc.
Desserts items (Rice Pudding, Apple pie), Hard Drinks Steaks, etc.) Are available on the menu during the trek.
The best items from the lodge’s menu are fresh, hygienic, delicious, and nutritious. Almost everywhere on the menu, there is a mix of typical local, Asian, and western cuisine, but as we get closer, the menu list will be shortened. We highly recommend liquids green tea, lemon tea, hot lemon, ginger tea, and garlic soup, etc. at high altitude and also the fresh vegetable items for health benefit.
Accommodation details during the Trek:
16 days Langtang circuit trek includes thirteen night’s lodge to lodge stay at a mountain and three nights in Kathmandu hotel, where we use the best available lodge and select the best accommodation in the Langtang region. We provide thirteen nights standard room generally twin sharing basis.
Three nights of Hotels in Kathmandu before and after the trek is required which is included in the package.
Passport and Visa:
All foreigners except Indian nationals must have a valid visa to enter Nepal. Visa is available on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport upon entry in Kathmandu, Nepal, and at Nepal borders of India and Tibet. Visa can be easily extended to the central immigration office. www.immigration.gov.np Visa application requires a passport with at least 6 months until expiration and one passport size photo.
The current cost of a visa for 15 Days – 30 USD, 30 Days – 50 USD, and 90 Days – 125 (to be paid in cash) Other currencies are also accepted although rates may differ. Other nationalities should check entry requirements. Visitors are requested to specify return flight tickets, time intended to stay in Nepal.
Visa Extension Fee: Tourist visa extension is done for a minimum of 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days. In the case of a delay of less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as of late fine.
Tipping is not included in the salaries of your guides, porters, or crew, but it is greatly appreciated. In Nepalese culture, tips are the accepted and a lovely way of saying thank you (“Dhanyabada”) for good service. Normally the tips are offered at the end of the trek and this is best done as a group. Most groups will give the trips the last day of the trek.
Booking and payment process:
Trekkers Paradise is a government authorized, registered, licensed, and bonded trekking and touring operator in Nepal. The company registered number is 221608/076/0677. We are members of the Trekking Agency Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA). Therefore, the book the Trekkers Paradise trip with confidence as we are reliable.10 percent of payment in advance and other necessary documentations like passport copy, passport size photos, travel insurance policy, arrival, and departure flight details can be made later but must not exceed within two weeks’ period from the booking date. Payment is to be made by bank transfer, western union. The remaining trip cost can be paid whether in cash or by bank transfer when you arrive in Nepal. Furthermore, we put forward the necessary modes of payment details as per your convenience by mail.
Trekkers Paradise Crews:
During the Langtang circuit trek, you will be accompanied by our local best trained and well-experienced guides/Sherpa’s to make your journey even more comfortable and memorable. All guides are well trained licensed with prior experience they have spent years trekking / climbing a peak all over the world. Porters will also be assigned to carry your luggage. Two members will be assigned one porter, combined luggage should not exceed more than 20 kgs. We provide basic accommodation for our guides and porters or tents with sleeping gear and we also provided them food and warm drinks.
- Intensive Wilderness First Aid
- Authorized certificate of Trekking Guide Training
- Fluency speaking English and other major Languages
- Rock climbing
- Conservation and biodiversity
Difficulties during Langtag Circuit Trek:
- The trekking trail to the circuit gets filthy during Monsoon.
- Altitude sickness like nausea, breathing difficulties, and headache becomes common
- Peak season gives rise to insufficiency of guest house and lodge in langtang
- Accommodations are of economic with no luxurious items and extra facilities
Join Some Extra Activates:
- A unique Mountain Flight to Mt. Everest, Annapurna
- White water rafting on Nepal’s famous rivers
- A romantic overnight stay in a mountain resort
- A cultural show, with dinner
- A traditional Nepali Luxury Dinner
- The most spectacular Bungee Jump on the Planet
Book the dates for your next adventure
All our programs are just one example of what is possible. Trekkers’ Paradise, has experience in organizing tailor made tours for years. Therefore, contact us for your personal desire program!