The best time to trek to Everest Base Camp in Nepal is during the spring season (March to May) and autumn (September to November). During these months, the weather is relatively stable with clear skies offering great views of the mountains. Additionally, temperatures are mild, making it comfortable for trekking.
It is important to note that the monsoon season (June to August) is not recommended for trekking as the heavy rains make the trails slippery and increase the risk of landslides. Winter (December to February) is also not ideal as temperatures can drop significantly. The higher reaches of the trail may be covered in snow and ice, making the trek more challenging.
Everst Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek is a popular trekking route in Nepal that takes you to the base of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest. The trek starts in Lukla, a small town in the Khumbu region of Nepal, and takes you through the stunning landscapes of the Solu-Khumbu region, offering breathtaking views of the Himalayas. The trek typically lasts between 12 to 16 days, and covers a distance of around 125 km (78 miles).
As you trek through the high-altitude region, you will encounter diverse cultures, meet local Sherpa people, and get a chance to explore traditional villages and monasteries. The trek offers a chance to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the region, including forests of rhododendrons and other vegetation, snow-capped peaks, glaciers, and stunning valleys.
Everest Base Camp Trek is a physically demanding trek, as it takes you to elevations as high as 5,364 meters (17,598 ft) above sea level. It requires a moderate level of fitness and acclimatization to the high altitude is important for a safe and successful trek.
Despite the challenges, the Everest Base Camp Trek is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and is a must-do for any adventure-seeking traveler. It provides a unique opportunity to be in close proximity to one of the world’s most iconic mountains; and to experience the beauty and culture of the Khumbu region.
- 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal
- 02: Fly to Lukla, and trek to Phakding
- 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- 04: Acclimatization Day in Namche Bazaar
- 05: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Debuche
- 06: Trek from Debuche to Dingboche
- 07: Acclimatization Day in Dingboche
- 08: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche
- 09: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakshep
- 10: Hike to Kala Patthar (5,555m/18,208ft)-viewpoint, trek back to Pheriche
- 11: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar
- 12: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
- 13: Fly back to Kathmandu
- 14: Rest Day at Kathmandu
- 15: Final Departure
Trip Itineraries are customizable according to your choice & the number of days you want to stay. Simply, Contact Us